Reliance Jio has launched the nation-wide Wi-Fi calling service. The company said that it had been testing the service over the past few months to provide a seamless WiFi calling experience to every customer at the time of launch. Jio WiFi calling service lets customers use any Wi-Fi network for voice and video calls. They will also be able to seamlessly switch between VoLTE and VoWiFi for an enhanced voice/video-calling experience.
Recently, Airtel has also announced its VoWiFi calling services in some parts of the country. However, unlike Airtel, Jio customers can also make Video over Wi-Fi calls. The Wi-Fi Calling feature is available at no additional cost and is included in your existing voice plan.
How to Enable Jio Wi-Fi Calling
First of all, you need any one of the handsets that support Wi-Fi calling and Jio 4G SIM.
- Now, for iPhones, Go to Settings -> Click on Wi-Fi Calling -> Enable the toggle.
- For Android phones, Go to Settings -> Search for Wi-Fi Calling -> Enable the toggle.
Jio Wi-Fi Calling Supported Devices
Jio Wi-Fi calling works on over 150 handsets from different smartphone makers. A few of them are listed below-
- Apple- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro
- Google- Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
- Samsung- Galaxy A10, A10s, A20, A30, M10, M20, M30, S8, S9, Note 10, etc.
- Xiaomi- Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F1
- Vivo– V11, V11 Pro, V15, V15 Pro, V9, V9 Pro, Y81, Y81i, Y91, Y91i, Y93, Y95, Y15, Y17, Y91, Z1 Pro
- Motorola- Moto G6
- Coolpad- Coolplay 6, Mega 5, Mega 5C
- Infinix- Hot 7 Pro, Smart 3 Plus, Hot 6 Pro, Infinix S4
- Lava- Z61, Z92, Z60s, Z81
- Mobiistar- C1, C1 Shine, C2, X1 Selfie, X1 Notch
- Tecno- Camon i4, Camon iSky, Camon iTwin
- itel- S42
Check out the complete list of supported devices here.
The Jio Wi-Fi calling feature is currently being rolled out and Jio says that it will be available pan-India by January 16, 2020.