If you use a single monitor setup for your work then your desktop might be cluttered with a bunch of windows. Sometimes you need to keep one of all those windows always on top but as soon as you click on another window, the previous one buries under others.
This will be really healful in a situation when you want to watch a video while you writing something on Word at the same time. Or you can choose the calculator to be on top while working on something related to numbers. Here we have a perfect solution for that for your Windows or even a Mac OS PC.
For Windows 10 PC
DeskPins is a freeware for Windows PC which lets you do that for free and without hassles. This app is completely free to use and install on PC and also comes in a very small package. All you need to do is just flow the simple steps below to enable the DeskPins on your Windows 10 PC.
- Download the DeskPins on your Windows 10 PC and install it like any other windows app.
- Once, installed, you will see a DeskPins icon in the system tray, click on it and the cursor will turn into a pin icon.
- Click on any window you want to keep on top using the cursor and the app will be pinned to be on top.
To unpin the window, just right-click the DeskPins icon in the taskbar and select the Remove all Pins option.
For macOS PC
For macOS PCs, the Afloat app is a completely free app to install and use. The app can be found on the GitHub page so you can go there and download it from there. The installation fo this app is ait different than the usual insulation process, follow the steps below.
- Download the Afloat zip package from the GitHub page.
- Now, unzip the package and run the SIMBL app first then drag the Afloat bundle file on the SIMBL.
- You will now see the Afloat plugin listed there with a green dot with it.
- Restart your PC.
- After the restart, you will be able to pin the window. Choose the Keep Afloat option under the Windows menu.
This is how you can keep the windows always on top when you want in your Windows or Mac. For more tips and tricks, keep following the GadgetsToUse on social media pages.