In a few days time On November 19th, 2019, Google will launch their new Stadia game streaming service capable of streaming AAA video games up to 4K resolution at 60 frames per second with support for high-dynamic-range. Ahead of its launch a Google Stadia Controller manual has been leaked providing a glimpse at what we can expect from the controller which is part of the Google Stadia package.
As you would expect most of the Stadia Controller’s buttons offer traditional features and functions as you would expect from any game controller from the likes of the PlayStation or Xbox console and features two analog sticks, bumpers, and triggers, D-Pad and 4 x Action buttons. One unique feature of the Google Stadia controller is that the triggers can detect how far they have been pressed offering users pressure sensitivity to add further in game mechanics and control. For more details jump over to the official Google support page by following the link below.
Before you begin
- To set up your Stadia Controller, you’ll need the Stadia app installed on your mobile device.
- To play games on Stadia using a TV, you will need a Chromecast Ultra. Make sure that your Chromecast Ultra device is set up and connected to a Wi-Fi network. For the best performance, we suggest connecting your Chromecast Ultra to your WiFi router via wired Ethernet after completing setup.
- To play games on Stadia using your laptop or PC, you will need the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your computer.
- Your Stadia Controller’s battery must be charged.
Connect your Stadia Controller to Wi-Fi
The Stadia app uses Location access, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth to find and set up your controller. If any of these are turned off when you begin setup, you’ll be asked to turn them on during the setup process.
- To turn on your Stadia Controller, hold down the Stadia button for two seconds until it vibrates.
- On your mobile device, open the Stadia app.
- Tap the Controller icon in the upper-right corner.
- If prompted, enable location access, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Select your controller from the list.
The controller will vibrate to make sure the right controller is being set up. When the controller starts vibrating, tap Yes > Continue
Tap Connect to [network name] to connect your controller to the same Wi-Fi network that your phone is connected to.
If you want to connect your Stadia Controller to a different network tap Choose a different network.
Enter your Wi-Fi password > tap Connect to Wi-Fi >Done
Your controller will download and install an update. You don’t need to wait for the update to finish before continuing. Tap OK.
Filed Under: Gaming News, Technology News, Top News